I’ve stayed away from trying most foods until 4 or 5 years ago. I’ll be honest, my brain went into a panic mode. Over the past year or so, my dietician suggested a few vegetables to try, one of which being radishes. (She also suggested beets, but I haven’t worked up the courage yet.) I was a bit worried, but turns out they are one of my favorites foods now. Plus they are super easy to cook and are great for leftovers!
Also, if you like zucchinis they are basically less watery zucchinis and in my experience last way longer in the fridge. Some of them do have a slight kick.
Let me know how this recipe went.
Safety Note: When using a mandolin to slice the radishes, be careful. Go slow and don’t cut yourself.
- Preparation Time
- Cooking Time
- 1 lb. of radishes
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
When I said simple, I meant simple.
- Heat oven to 420 degrees.
- Wash and prep each radish. Remove the stem and any bad spots.
- Use a mandolin to mandoline and create small disks
- Place them on baking tray and spray with olive oil. Or put into bowl and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Put into oven for about 13 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- Remove from the oven. Test one. If it still doesn’t taste cooked put them back in for a few more minutes. (Save some energy by turning off the oven and use the residual heat to finish cooking.)
- Once finished, let sit and serve.